Daisypath Anniversary Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Graduation

So, as I said the other day, I GRADUATED! My gosh it feels like it was forever ago now, but it was really just a couple months ago. I mentioned it in the giant post the other day, but...then I decided I wanted to add some pictures of it because it really was a great day. Plus, Jesse will be proud that I actually shard pictures with people haha. So anyways...enjoy!

Jesse was enjoying himself far too much...but it's not often that he gets me to actually consent to pictures.


 I didn't ever hope to much to have my mom at my graduation because of finances,
 but it was AMAZING to have both her and my new Mom Rose there.


Jenny made it from Rupert and Kerry stayed an extra day or so after all her classes were done to be there with me.
 It was flashback to 716 in Fall of 2007 except now things have changed. It's kind of crazy to see how much 
things can change in 4 years, but wonderful to see everyone moving forward too. 


 And here's the gang...all changed from Fall 2007. Jenny is married with a baby and 
Kerry is almost graduated and starting an internship in just a couple weeks now and then 
Jesse and Me...still together but married now. Haha some things only change in statuses. 


 I couldn't resist including this picture. I only wish Sis. Arnell could have been there too because then my "Poli Sci Trinity" 
would have been complete. I can't even express how much an impact these two professors, Brother Adamson and Brother Lamoreaux, along with Sister Arnell have made on me. I can't even thank them enough for all they've taught me. 


And finally, the picture of me on the stand. I had the "opportunity" to say the opening prayer for my convocation ceremony. 
I wasn't nervous or even think much about it until I found out that Elder Cook was going to be attending my particular college's convocation. Then I got a touch intimidated, but I was grateful that I didn't have to deliver a talk or anything. 
Jesse told me after the ceremony that he worked super hard to try and snag a good picture of this scene because 
he was excited to show off my having been sitting on the stand with a general authority. I know...he's a fun one.  

So that was graduation. These pictures were already on facebook, but I didn't put any captions so the blog gets spoiled I guess. It was really everything I ever hoped my college graduation would be and I sometimes wish I could return to the fun classes I had in political science. But not enough to return haha. I will say this though, and scoff as you will, but the cheesy fortune cookies that I got from the BYUI Grad Fair was right, "BYUI will always hold a special place in [my] heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment