Daisypath Anniversary Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Valentines Day

Well, though it was a couple of weeks ago, I am just now getting to posting about V-day. However, here's the bright side. No longer will I be playing catch up. I thought about posting V-day stuff, but then I felt bad about posting about that before catching up on those other posts. All things considered, I feel better about doing it this way and, after this, I will be up to date. Yay!

So here was Valentines Day. It was nothing super exciting...but it was a wonderful day despite not being exuberant. Of course, since it fell on a Tuesday, we were limited to the evening only since I work during the day and Jesse's on campus. Luckily, Bishop admitted that most of the couple he would visit would want to be left alone on this particular evening so Jesse had the night off from Bishopric duty and that was great because it allowed us to spend an evening alone, just relaxing midweek, which doesn't happen very often.

We made spaghetti and meat balls and watched Lady and the Tramp, completing the dining experience with Sparkling Cider. Cheesy...yes! But we loved it! Here's the great part haha Jesse played it like he wasn't going to do anything special because he just didn't have time to. Which is true. He's stuck on campus all day without a car since I drop him off in the morning and then I pick him up after I get off work...so it's not like he could get home to put together some surprise right? I thought so. Until I got off work that day. He had left some treats for me with a tantalizing string of clues written on each one for me on the seat of my car. When I got home, I was welcomed with a trail of yummy chocolates to a giant card, a cute gift, and a dozen roses.

How did he pull this off, you ask? He skipped devo! Yes, he skipped devotional that day, walked down to my work a few blocks from campus, stole my car to drive home and set the whole thing up without me knowing a thing! The funniest part is that he told me later that night that he had run into my boss right as he was getting back and parking the car and my boss had seen him, acknowledged him, and didn't say a single word to me. It was perfect haha. Not very many people manage to surprise me, but...then Jesse does know me better than almost anyone else.

I, assuming he wasn't going to have time to do anything besides the dinner, set up something for us that night too. So it was a triple dip into Valentines day for us haha. We had our plan, then he surprised me, and I surprised him. This won't be something that happens often, but it was a great first Valentines Day together.

Just a glimpse of what we did that night. And no...we did not plan the wearing of Valentines Day colors...it just kind of happened that way and I only even noticed when I was putting together the collage. Pretty great tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment